Monday, July 25, 2011

A CBA, Oh Happy Day!

The news of a new collective bargaining agreement is like the cool blast of the tap on a dry sponge. I'm sure we can all agree that reading today's headlines was the most refreshing feeling in these many, hot weeks. I won't waste anyone's time with the details of the CBA. Frankly, I just don't care. I care about football. Specifically, Green Bay (expletive) Packers football! Remember when the Packers won the Super Bowl? Yeah, that was awesome. And now that football-related activities are set to resume around the country, we cheeseheads can finally revel in our unlikely rise to glory, look back fondly on the ups and downs, and concentrate on the dynastic future we all hope is to come. I expect things will ramp up very quickly, with an accelerated free agency period and condensed OTA's, and the DDS will be there to cover it all. Until the latest Packers news becomes available, I'll leave you with a question that has been lingering in my head all off-season: What is LB Nick Barnett's value on the field versus on the trading block? Discuss. It's good to be back, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment